Thursday 24 March 2016

MOT Pass....... BUT Still rich

MOT PASS!

So on Monday I got another years MOT - Still had issues with the emissions.

After a while testing the CO% emissions where still massively High BUT the tester tried to have a look at a cause. After a few hours he decided to adjust the timing.

As he was adjusting he found a sweet spot where emissions fell to a low point.

Here are the results:

VW Kombi MOT emissions UK Results

Great news so I thought I would plug in the diagnostics and have a look. 

It was odd as it looks like to me it has not changed and is still very high Lambda of 0.8v constantly.

VW Kombi ECU logged data - Bosch MP9.0 ECU Running Rich after MOT


So I now have not got a clue what is wrong. I did also get another DTC 00533 at the end of this run! I think the Idle / Basic settings is not completed as 00533 comes back when I do.

So I am going to have a good look again at:

1. Timing - Check and adjust
2. Remove Injector connection at Idle and check if Lambda drops
3. Scope as many signals as I can
4. New Throttle Position sensor
5. New Canister EVAP valve



No comments:

Post a Comment